• SHINE A choice of galleries to upload your pictures and be seen by our thousands of visitors
• SHARE on your wall, the chatrooms, the blogpages where you'll swap thoughts and ideas with like-minded creative souls
• INSPIRE join our community and the big world of hairdressing comes to you. HairClubLive is... competitions, live stage work opportunities, team-building, learning.
To celebrate Tribute Show 2014 on 12 October which this year stars our Top Guns Tim Hartley and Adam Reed (along with Robert Lobetta, Brooks & Brooks and Jean-Luc Minetti) two competition winners joined Tim at A TOP GUN BRUNCH.
As Tim joined HCL members Lucie Johnson and Dean Bradwell over brunch at the swanky London eaterie Delauney, he shared his vision of a show section that would be strange and haunting. Each artist has 25 minutes alone on stage with only 2 models, and the instruction to intrigue!
“My segment will have the feel of an installation,” said Tim. “The art is in the hair and the clothing which will create a fluid yet sculptural mood. The music will come in and out as I deliver a narrative over the top. And you will see my new collection on screen… it’s going to be busy!” Taking time to talk over how the worlds of art, fashion and film influence and inform his hairdressing, Tim was delighted to find kindred spirits in these competition winners Lucie and Dean. As they parted company some hours later, he promised to keep in touch and follow their careers. Wow! What a fabulous prize for the lucky pair. And thanks to a true icon of the industry for his down-to-earth attitude and generosity. Tim Hartley rocks.
• Watch out for another competition soon and remember, we have an amazing offer for HCL members to get to the Tribute Show 2014: Buy one ticket and get another for your buddy half price. Tel: 0208 241 1058 to claim this offer.
HairClubLive has 5 Top Gun members! When you Join as a member (it's free) to post questions on their profile wall and talk direct. What an opportunity!
Our resident photographer and film-maker Neil knows a thing about taking great pictures and making interesting footage. Check his advice on how you can improve your shots!
Here a some things you can do here at HairClubLive:
1. Style Out Your Profile Page: Add a cover photo of a favourite hairstyle that you've created, start a blog telling us about the next big hair trend taking hold in your salon, answer some of our profile questions, and get to know your fellow colleagues.
2. Invite Other Talented Hairdressers: Make this community ''your'' community and bring other passionate and talented hairdressers with you.
3. Post Your Photos: You've created an stunning hair collection or attended an amazing hair event that we would all loved to have been at. If it's hair related we want you to share with us your photos and inspire a hairdressing generation.
4. Join Discussions:Visit the chat room and join in the banter about whatever gets you fired up!
But first...make sure you've read the house rules of HairClubLive
Members Gallery- all members pix
Hair from the chair - in salon work
Young Guns Gallery - our hot new talent spots
Fantastic Five - our top 5 pix from each month
Hair Happenings - hairy events
Young Guns videos - check our talent spots on film
Want your work showcased by Hair Club Live? 1. Upload your best work in Members Gallery, Hair-From-The-Chair
2. Hashtag #hairclublive on Instagram.
4. Email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org
4.Talk to us @HairClubLive on Twitter and Facebook