Whilst our salons are closed and we are all in isolation, it is a great time to #stayconnected with your loyal clients who will be super worried and stressed these days.
It is vital to retain your relationships with them going forward in this uncertain time. Don’t forget, we build our brands on trust, honesty, transparency and loyalty.
- Set up a regular weekly Instagram / Facebook live session with your database of clients to stay in touch with them during the next few weeks of isolation. A trusted hairdresser is key to keeping your brand /salon identity alive. Share amongst the salon team. Take advantage of what our ‘virtual world’ has to offer and all the platforms available to show YOU (your face/brand/identity)
- Focus on what you can do to be a part of this online movement. Show you care about your clients when they can’t get to you at the salon. Give them tips and answer questions like: ‘What should they do when their roots are coming through?’’ What should they do when their fringe is growing out?’’How often should they wash their hair?’ etc.
- You can address all of these on your live session and set a focus for session 2. Set a date and time each week and stick to it, schedule it in your diary as if it is a salon appointment, allow yourself 30/1 hour per session for any Q&A’s your clientele may have.
- Make sure you have pre-prepared some advice to kick the live session off. Have some notes and content with you; it helps a lot! We know, not everyone feels comfortable in front of the camera. But, don’t worry, mistakes and small pauses are okay.
- Encourage your team members to create short demo videos for your salon stories and share them on the salon Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Set a weekly team focus. Keep your team interactive. A regular team meeting is vital to keep the spirits high- set yourselves up on Zoom communications, Skype, WhatsApp group chats on frequent pre- planned days and times.
- Ask your clients to send you a one-line review and selfie so you can start to building a ‘virtual salon community’ on your stories. Use a hashtag like #stayconnected