Greetings to an award-winning and celebrity hairstylist, Andrew Barton who is Dom Lehane’s latest guest on the new podcast series. For more than 30 years, Andrew has been making his mark in the hairdressing industry, with milestones such as being named British Hairdresser Of The Year, becoming the resident hairdresser to the TV hit show 10 Years Younger, having his own product range, and now being Creative Director of the Urban Retreat Salon at Harrods, London. In the podcast, Andrew shares with you what it is like being himself, and how he shows no sign of slowing up – and he reveals news of his worldwide exhibition; Beehives, Bobs and Blowdries. This interview with Andrew is packed full of his inspirational career to date, and we can’t wait to share those with you, too. Enjoy!
Thanks for listening! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below this post. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. And please leave an honest review for the HTCI Podcast on iTunes as ratings and reviews are extremely helpful.
• Dom says, if you’re interested in becoming a guest for a future HTCI show, leave him a message at the bottom of the post or contact twitter @dominiclehane.
(Subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates)
Acclaimed as hairdressing royalty – Andrew holds British Hairdresser of The Year, amongst many industry and consumer awards. As Creative Director at Urban Retreat at Harrods, Andrew’s clients include a string of celebrities who book months in advance for appointments at the stunning, world famous salon.
In this episode you’ll learn
- ( 3 min 55 sec) Introduction to Urban Retreat
- ( 5 min 19 sec) Andrew tells of starting out in his hairdressing career
- ( 7 min 38 sec) Why getting good training is key
- ( 9 min 15 sec) Do things better
- ( 10 min 06 sec) Journey to the salon groups Andrew has been part of and opening Andrew Barton Salon
- ( 14 min 10 sec) Winning British Hairdresser Of The Year
- ( 17 min 29 sec) Staying true to your hair heritage
- ( 18 min 40 sec) Working on television as a hairstylist
- ( 20 min 46 sec) Advice to being in front of the camera
- ( 21 min 35 sec) Whats involved to having your own hair care product range
- ( 23 mins 31 sec) Being Creative Director of Urban Retreat
- ( 29 min 19 sec) Reveals the launch of Beehives, Bobs and Blow-dries worldwide exhibition
Images Of Urban Retreat