Having yourself a unique brand identity could make the difference between standing out or not in the hairdressing industry.
Here in our 10th episode, I’m thrilled to have a visit from hairdressing entrepreneur Ky Wilson. Today, we’re going to get into Ky’s thought process behind building both he’s super cool personal persona ‘Ky Cut Wilson’ and his business, The Social.
Originally meeting Ky back in 2013, I’ve been super excited to see how his awesome talent and industry reputation has grown. The DNA of the Ky Cut Wilson brand mirrors himself: energy, positivity, creativity, inspiration and enthusiasm. Today, he’ll tell why this is so important to him.
In this episode, you’ll learn from Ky why it’s so important to be true to who you are. Walking us through his career to date, doing more of what makes you happy, and how his business The Social is pushing the boundaries of the hair industry with it’s fresh and original approach.
If your looking to create a unique brand identity for you and your business, then listen in – Ky has a few things you’ll definitely want to hear.
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below this post. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. And please leave an honest review for the HTCI Podcast on iTunes as ratings and reviews are extremely helpful.
• Dom says, if you’re interested in becoming a guest for a future HTCI show, leave him a message at the bottom of the post or contact on twitter @dominiclehane, Instagram @domlehane.
(Subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates)
Ky began his love affair in Kendal, the Lake District before relocating to London where has put every waking hour honing his skills, which has fuelled his passion to move forward. Named winner of Creative Head Magazine ‘The Entrepreneur’ and Hairdressers Journal Barber of the Year, Ky has enthusiasm for design through the development of his brand, helping him become a diverse and creative hairstylist.
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview
• Our first meeting with Hairdressing Young Gun Ky
• A resume to Ky’s early career
• Explains how the name KY ‘CUT’ Wilson came about
• Is it important to create your own brand identity.
• Can having your own individual brand identity work whilst working for a salon
• Who is Ky Cut Wilson
• Finding out what is the Ky Cut Wilson look
• Men’s hairdressing
• Ky on how he uses Instagram
• What hairdressers inspires Ky
• The wanting to critique hairdressing
• Photo work
• Ky’s thoughts on Instagram
• Stop trying to be F’ing Famous
• Why Ky still loves hairdressing
• About The Social
• Why you don’t need to be on the high street
• What’s the long term plan for KY
Links to some to the people, places and things mentioned in this episode:
Some images of Ky’s work, The Social and his branding