If your seeking an entrepreneurial journey to owning a hairdressing salon, or possibly having your very own hair product range, then in today’s episode we’ve a real treat for you. Joining me is Adam Reed, the Founding Partner of the super cool Percy and Reed brand.
Adam works on the front line of hair dressing. When not working in one of his London Percy and Reed salons or on their product range, he’s regularly traveling all over the world, tousling and taming the locks of some of the world’s fashion and beauty icons. And with his twenty years of top salon experience, he uses this to help others, working hard to train the next generation of stylists from around the world.
In this episode, Adam offers an insiders glimpse into the creation of the Percy and Reed brand with his business partner Paul Percival. You’ll also hear on Adam’s early hairdressing career and the wide variety of projects he and his team are involved with. Be sure to have a notebook and pen to hand when listening in on this episode … Adam’s about to share masses of take-away points for you today. Listen and enjoy!
Thanks for listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below this post. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. And please leave an honest review for the HTCI Podcast on iTunes as ratings and reviews are extremely helpful.
• Dom says, if you’re interested in becoming a guest for a future HTCI show, leave him a message at the bottom of the post or contact on twitter @dominiclehane, Instagram @domlehane.
(Subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates)
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview
• The history behind Adam Reed the hairdresser
• Part of team setting up the Charles Worthing Salon, New York
• Having a New York salon
• British hairdressing industry
• Ambition to be a great hairdresser
• Becoming the Percy and Reed brand
• The Percy and Reed team
• Britain’s Got talent
• Work with us
• Percy and Reed locations and sizes
• The Percy and Reed client
• Adam shares his experience of opening a salon
• Creating a brand and message
• Adam describes the Percy and Reed brand
• What Adam loves about hairdressing
• Pioneering hair mavericks
• Don’t copy, take inspiration
• Sharing your work
• Learn by your mistakes
• Percy and Reed product range
• Setting up your own range
• The creation of the Percy and Reed product range
• Designs to product range and packaging
• Adam gives his top tip to having your own product range
• Adam tells us on whats next
• How much time Adam spends on the styling floor
• Staying healthy in hairdressing
• Drop by and meet Adam in the salon
Links to people, places and things mentioned in this episode: