I’m continually amazed by the creativity and vision shown by our industry, and this weeks guest is no exception. Here today is multi-award winning hair stylist Mark Woolley, the founder, international creative director and driving force behind the exclusive British cool brand, Electric.
One of the most respected figures within the hairdressing industry, Mark has grown the Electric hair brand to encompass six bespoke salons throughout the UK, a professional award winning product range, the Electric Studio and the Electric Education Academy. Today you’re about to learn how Mark has achieved this, and all in just 10 years!
The Electric brand continues to grow absorbing Mark’s down-to-earth nature and accessible style as well as reflecting his energy, drive and vision. His story is the perfect lesson for those everywhere wanting to create a leading hair brand – just listen in.
Thanks for Listening!
Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below this post. If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. And please leave an honest review for the HTCI Podcast on iTunes as ratings and reviews are extremely helpful.
• Dom says, if you’re interested in becoming a guest for a future HTCI show, leave him a message at the bottom of the post or contact on twitter @dominiclehane, Instagram @domlehane.
(Subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates)
One of the most respected figures within the hairdressing industry, Mark’s work regularly appears in leading publications across the globe. He is frequently used as an expert on celebrity hair trends on television and within top monthly glossy magazines, drawing on his 25 years’ experience to create stunning, inspirational looks. Regularly in-demand across the globe for his creativity and entrepreneurial expertise, Mark shares his time between the UK, USA, Europe and the Far East promoting his hair knowledge and professional hair product range.
Here’s some of what we cover in this interview
• 3 min 35 sec: Where it all began for Mark in hairdressing
• 5 min 40 sec: Why hairdressers are some of the happiest people in their jobs
• 6 min 37 sec: Mark’s early ambitions
• 8 min 38 sec: Opening up a salon
• 11 min 09 sec: All about the people you meet
• 12 min 29 sec: The first Electric salon
• 13 min 28 sec: Where the Electric name came from
• 14 min 43 sec: Brand identity of Electric Salons
• 21 min 11 sec: We learn about the Electric Hairdressing’s professional product range and its creation
• 31 min 08 sec: We hear on Mark’s advice to setting up a salon
• 32 min 37 sec: Creating your niche
• 35 min 16 sec: What is next for Electric Hairdressing
• 37 min 39 sec: Team behind the Electric business
• 40 min 38 sec: HairClubLive’s Open Chair Night
• 42 min 18 sec: Why Britain leads the way when it comes to hairdressing
• 43 min 56 sec: Quick fire questions
• 46 min 48 sec: Find out more on Electric and Mark
Some images from the Electric brand
… And the Electric VW Camper van!